Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fueling the Fire

This morning, there was frost on the ground when I woke up. Frost! I can't believe how quickly autumn has come this year.

While I can't say I'm ready for it, I will try to embrace the best parts of it. The joy of warm meals. The particular brilliant way the sun shines this time of year. Crunching through leaves as I walk or run through them. Cozy sweaters and tall boots and belted jackets.

And fires.

We have used our fireplace quite a bit this week. I love it! It makes our living room so cozy. Wouldn't it be incredible to live in a house that had fireplaces in the dining room, bedroom or even bathroom?

I snapped this photo a few weekends ago in Vermont. I like the pattern and texture found in this stack of firewood -- and how someone else seems to be anticipating cozy nights inside by a fire.

Stay warm out there!

Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment