Thursday, April 14, 2011

Screen Style

Each year when spring rolls around, I get a little angst-y. Even though I've been out of high school for years, I can't quite shake out of spring-fever, school's-almost-out, wanna-be-free mode.

The movie that captures these feelings best is Dazed and Confused, set on the last day of school in 1976. It's a fun flick about friendships and hookups, popularity and parties. And the fashion's pretty cool too, all bell-bottom jeans, wedge sandals, vests and psychedelic-print tops.


Given this inspiration and since '70s style is a big trend this spring, here are a few pieces I'd love to wear -- even if I'm not cutting class or heading to a kegger.


3 comments:

  1. My mom loves this movie and says the 70's were just like it! haha.

    Love that cute bag! Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I never knew how realistic the movie was. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEEEEEEEE this movie! i had the biggest crush on pink :) xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete