Monday, February 20, 2012

Art-Inspired Style

On Saturday, my husband and I joined some friends and coworkers out at a trendy bar for an event. It was a fun time, and it made me realize how much I've been hibernating this winter. So I think a night out soon is called for, and what better inspiration to draw from than a twinkling night sky by Vincent Van Gogh? Vibrant blues and glimmering golds tempered by a bit of black seem great makings for a fantastic night on the town.


* Starry Night Over the Rhone
* Coat 

9 comments:

  1. looks great. i've been hibernating too much myself. it's about time that life starts up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van Gogh is one of my favourite painters. How beautiful the painting is! And the jumpsuit is lovely too. Wishing you a great week, Katie! xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the PERFECT night out! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Van gogh and your picks are gorgeous,
    Happy week to you,
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea putting together outfits based on art! I think you nailed this one - those sparkly heels are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coat -- can't believe it's from Target, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! I really love the heels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love drawing inspiration from art- these colors are just gorgeous :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete