Monday, April 25, 2011
A Lovely Award
Recently I was thinking about how many marvelous people I've gotten to interact with through blogging. There are some fantastic girls who completely make my day when they leave a nice comment or have something delightful on their blogs. One such blogger is Jenny from Jenny in Ohio. She seems like such a cool girl, the kind of person you'd get along with immediately and find lots to laugh about together. So I was both surprised and touched that she passed along the One Lovely Blog Award to me and three others. Thank you so much, Jenny!
As part of this project I'm supposed to share seven things about myself. Here goes!
1. I'm a major animal lover. My little pup opens my heart in new ways every day. My love for animals is one of many reasons I've been a vegetarian for nearly fifteen years.
2. My husband and I met sledding one night during winter break in college.
3. I'm a total magazine junkie. I subscribe to several and regularly check out huge stacks from the library. It's a good fit that I work at a magazine!
4. I was voted the nicest girl in my high school class and I think trying to be kind to people is a good way to approach life.
5. I can't go to sleep in an unmade bed. The thought of crawling into a mess of tangled sheets and strewn blankets -- I can't even deal!
6. Travel is a huge passion for me, and for my family. My parents took my sister and I to more than thirty countries by the time I was twenty. I love seeing new places!
7. I'm not a cook but I'm a little snobby about my daily latte. (And isn't that print above cool?)
And now I get to tag a few blogs that I find especially lovely:
* Petra at Individualism has the best quotes and fantastic art.
* Ada at Classiq always offers something beautiful, plus great classic movies to watch.
* Ola at The Apple Tea is endlessly interesting and intriguing.
* Gloria at Little White Wale offers fresh, upbeat finds and a great point of view.
* Mandy at Dash it All is a neat girl who's constantly doing something awesome.
* Claudia, Lisa Michelle and Karina at Dreaming of Palm Trees put together a fun blog that makes me wish I was their cousin or something.
Thanks again, Jenny! And here's wishing everyone a wonderful week!
Photo from here.