Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Something that caught my eye is Madonna's new ad campaign with Dolce & Gabbana. She looks amazing and I love seeing her in a new way, domestic, earthy and a little bit old fashioned.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
It shouldn't be this way. Even though it's cold and dark, there are moments of intense beauty, instances of incredible gentleness. I need to be more open to these elements of wintertime.
This breathtaking photo by SouleMama was a perfect reminder. I'm grateful!
Photo from here.
Monday, January 18, 2010
And the timing of returning-- and being glad to be in our own house and sleep in our own bed and see our pup again -- is special. Today is the tenth anniversary of my first date with my husband. We were young college kids and the experience of falling in love with him is something I wouldn't trade for the world. I love the adventures we've had together and I hope for many more in the future.
Photo from here (you can buy this great AmeliaKayPhotography print).
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Here are some of the other things I look forward to on these vacations:
* Waking up rested and refreshed and running to the windows to rip back the curtains and see what a beautiful day it is.
* Nabbing the perfect spot on the beach and sinking into our lounge chairs.
* Settling into that perfect beach cycle: get hot in the sun, cool down in the ocean, get hot in the sun. Repeat, repeat, repeat!
* Grabbing a round of pina coladas for the group.
* Kissing my husband in the water. (And each year I make my husband do "the lift" with me, a la the lake scene in "Dirty Dancing.")
* Talking with my mom and sister. There's never enough time to cover it all!
* Enjoying an ideal, simple feeling of relaxation as the sun starts sinking toward the ocean.
* Taking a shower and washing off all the salt, sand and sunscreen. This feels amazing!
* Dressing in something special and joining the family for a fun dinner.
* Going back to the hotel room exhausted and happy and sinking into bed.
* And doing it all over again the next day!
I can't wait for this trip. I hope we have safe travels and enjoy our time together. And I'll try to bring some sunshine back with us!
Photo by me.