Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Growing up, my sister and I bickered a lot. We were just a year apart in school, so we were quite competitive with one another.

One of the greatest blessings in my life is that this has completely changed as we've grown up.

My sister is now one of my very best friends. We are opposites in many ways (although we share the same laugh) but she understands me better than possibly anyone on earth -- and she still loves me nevertheless. You really can’t ask for more than that. And you know how when you see or hear something and have to tell the one person who would appreciate it because no one else would really get it? Well, she's usually that person for me.

Since she’s the younger sister, I’m afraid she doesn’t know how much I look up to her and how much I learn from her. I’ll have to make sure she knows because I can’t imagine life without her in it.

Photo by my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment