Thursday, July 16, 2009

All Dressed Up

Have you heard about the Uniform Project? I just found out about it at the lovely blog Passementerie.

The innovative and adorable Sheena Matheiken started the project with a pledge: to wear a single dress every day for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion.

Says Matheiken, "Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day I will reinvent the dress with layers, accessories and all kinds of accouterments, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with enough creative license to make it look like I just crawled out of the Marquis de Sade's boudoir."

Besides being a great fundraiser and an inspiration for adding creativity to an outfit, I love the bigger implications it can have for all of us. Namely, let's be happy with what we already have, make the most of what we already have, celebrate what we already have.

I hope the project is a huge success.

Photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment