Thursday, July 1, 2010

Homing In

Every once in awhile, the home improvement and decorating projects and ideas that swim around in the back of my head come to the forefront and demand attention. I get anxious and want to fix everything -- immediately! I realize this isn't the best way to do things but sometimes the urge to improve, tweak and just plain nest becomes overwhelming.

I'm hoping to get cracking on some projects over the long weekend. I want to put finishing touches on our living room (and figure out what to do with two dull chairs that are bugging me), start sprucing up a bathroom and majorly de-clutter the master and guest bedrooms. And I want to rearrange and create new art for some spaces. I can't wait to start!

In the meantime, let's talk inspiration. I recently pored over the galleries on My Home Ideas. Here are some bedrooms I liked:

This headboard is gorgeous -- and I love any room with a dog!

With such a great view, simple white furniture is perfection.

These shades of gray are so comforting.

The details -- the chandelier, mirror and lamp -- totally make this room.

A crisp headboard and clear chair temper the girly bedding.

Photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment