Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sister Acts


Today is my sister's birthday. She's nearly two years younger than me, but I feel like I glean more wisdom and inspiration from her than the other way around. As I reflected this morning on how thankful I am to have her in my life, I thought about some of the things I've learned from her:

* Be yourself. Like what you like, and don't let anyone stop you.

* If something bothers you, do something about it.

* Love animals.

* Work hard and passionately at what you want.

* Be good to your friends.

* Allow yourself to change -- and to change your mind.

* Throw in a little mischief. And lots of laughter.

* Care deeply.

* Surprise yourself with how big you can love and how much you can do.

Happy birthday, sista!

Photo by my dad.

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable. I love my sisters to bits. Happy birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what amazing things to learn from a sibling, especially a younger one! she must be someone very special. your lucky to have each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ana and Monica! Sisters are pretty amazing. I didn't alway realize it when we were growing up, but it's wonderful now : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list!!! Sounds like you two are so close and have an amazing relationship. I love my brothers soo much but always thought it'd be fun to have a sister too!

    ReplyDelete