Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Today is my sister's birthday. She's nearly two years younger than me, but I feel like I glean more wisdom and inspiration from her than the other way around. As I reflected this morning on how thankful I am to have her in my life, I thought about some of the things I've learned from her:
* Be yourself. Like what you like, and don't let anyone stop you.
* If something bothers you, do something about it.
* Love animals.
* Work hard and passionately at what you want.
* Be good to your friends.
* Allow yourself to change -- and to change your mind.
* Throw in a little mischief. And lots of laughter.
* Care deeply.
* Surprise yourself with how big you can love and how much you can do.
Happy birthday, sista!
Photo by my dad.