Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am feeling grateful for the past ten years. You see, my high-school class reunion is this weekend and I can't help but draw comparisons between then and now.

I always liked school and I was good at it. But when I was a teenager I was so afraid of so many things … people, experiences, expectations. I think I downplayed myself somewhat to make things easier for other people or to be liked by other people.

I was considered the "nice girl." But I'm gad for that. That's who I was and it's a huge part of who I am today. I'm still considered the "nice girl." 

However, a wonderful part of the past ten years is that I've allowed myself to be more and to be myself more, if that makes any sense. I'm less afraid of what people will think or me or expect from me. I like to think I'm stronger, wiser, braver and bolder than I used to let myself be. And I am so grateful for this.

I have absolutely no idea what Saturday will be like. Will people be nice? Will they have changed? Or will it be a flashback of our school days? However it goes, I think I'm ready for it and open to it. And for that, I am grateful, too.

Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment