Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Here!

On Friday, I was giddy knowing that I had a full weekend coming up with absolutely no plans. My husband and I had protected it against any commitments and were looking forward to unwinding and relaxing. And on our doorstep that afternoon was a new cover for our sofa from Bemz that I had almost forgotten we had ordered. Bonus!

One of our first purchases as newlyweds in California was a bold blue Karlanda sofa from Ikea. It's held up surprisingly well over the years and we still love it. The only problem was the cover had faded into a dull navy, so it was time for a change. We considered a lot of different colors but ultimately chose a medium gray. It actually brightens up the living room -- and the pup seems to approve, too. It's a nice step toward getting the room how we want it. Next up, replacing two old black chairs with a sofa or loveseat and swapping out some pillows, lamps and artwork to add color and pattern. It's always an ongoing process, isn't it?

Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment