Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Toned Down

Thank you for all the sweet comments yesterday! I can't tell you how much your kind thoughts and well wishes mean to me.

I want to share this stylish studio -- a mere 350-square-foot space in New York City -- today for several reasons. First, I love a makeover. Show me before and after photos of just about anything and I'm there with you on the journey. But second, it shows how a change of paint can completely transform a space.

When we bought our house, we inherited some unusual color choices. Lavender walls in the living room, a sickly sunflower gold in the kitchen, neon orange in the basement and a primary green accent wall in the bedroom (not exactly relaxing!). So as much as I love bold color, we worked our way through the house toning down the hues.

This New York studio started out with baby blue and light yellow walls. But with some gray paint and smart furnishings, it became so sophisticated. Don't you agree?






Photos from here

8 comments:

  1. 350 sq. feet? It looks so much bigger -- maybe because there's so many lovely things for your eye to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when someone organizes a beautiful space in such tiny restrictions. This apartment is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks beautiful. very grown up but in a fun way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very beautiful and sophisticated.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had small apartments in NYC but nothing that small! It came out very stylish though!

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My house is smaller than this so it looks quite roomy to me and I love it! I just can't imagine it with bright yellow walls though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classy and calm apartment. Also makes me want to re-decorate! Ha! I won't though (seeing as I've only just decorated). Maybe a few years down the track... wink, wink.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful home. look at those lacquered floors! xo

    ReplyDelete