Monday, June 15, 2009

Rise and Shine

I often have a difficult time getting out of bed in the morning. The combination of my husband, our dog, cozy covers and warmth are just too hard to give up!

So I'm proud of myself this morning because I got up early and went for a run. It wasn't a particularly long or good-looking burst of exercise, but I'm glad I did it. The air was cool, the early sun was shining and it was neat to see my neighborhood while it was still mostly asleep. 

My old high school cross country coach once shared a quote about the greatest accomplishment in going running is the simple -- but often very difficult -- act of putting on the running shoes and stepping out the door. I agree with that sentiment this morning!

Just as I was getting tired, I heard the cruel sound of an alarm clock blaring out through a neighbor's window. And I felt so fortunate to have already gotten over the getting out of bed hurdle and to be out enjoying a beautiful morning. 

But I'm hoping this whole getting up early and running thing gets easier as I do it more often!

Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment