Thursday, October 6, 2011

Enchanting

On this beautiful sunny morning, I'm feeling happy and inspired -- and these gorgeous paintings by Yolanda Sanchez match my mood. Aren't these works amazing? They're based on the concept of the garden, and the artist writes: "My work, in general, in a search for re-enchantment, for a way to reach below the surface of things, to find that point of connection with life. I want to engage the viewer in a sensory experience, one that is un-camera-like, un-computer-like. My goal is to nudge the viewer into a deeper experience of the present, where the 'circumference of self' is dissolved -- to provide a moment of contemplation without literally telling a story."

I certainly think they're enchanting. How about you?






Photos from here via here

3 comments: