Monday, November 23, 2009

A Matter of Perspective

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
- John Lubbock

For me, these past few weeks have been filled with ups and downs, highs and lows. All of which makes me grateful for relaxation and good times this past weekend, which will hopefully continue into this Thanksgiving week.

But I can't help but wonder, as we experience challenges and triumphs, how much does our own perspective contribute to the fluctuations? And if we can impact our situation with our attitude, how much effect can it have? While I don't have the answers to these questions, I do believe in the importance of a positive attitude, in being grateful for the good things, even when some things aren't so great.

I was thinking about this when I snapped these two photos the other day. Both are of the same scene, taken within seconds of each other. But a shift in perspective created two entirely different images. Kinda neat, huh?

Photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment