Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Twists on Tradition

I'm so happy it's Thanksgiving week. I love this time of year -- the food, the traditions, the slowing down, the time spent with family. We'll be doing two Thanksgiving celebrations this year: brunch with my husband's parents and friends and then an evening meal with my crazy family. I can't wait!

Now, I realize I'm fortunate not only for getting two great meals on Thursday, but also because I'm not hosting either. Not that it wouldn't be fun. Maybe one day I'll get all brave and ambitious and invite everyone over to our house. And if I did, I would like to decorate with clean lines and harvest-time hues, much like these two tabletops: 

Isn't this Martha Stewart idea of displaying colorful leaves in clear vases great?

White dishes look so crisp when they're paired with a chocolate table and pumpkin runner, a la this Real Simple table.

Photos from here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment