Saturday, November 7, 2009

What a Ride

I had the most glorious afternoon today. Two of my girlfriends and I took a twenty-mile bike ride. We wanted to take advantage of the very unseasonably warm weather we had today -- sixty-five degrees in November!

Now, mind you, the last two times I biked where on a trip to Italy two summers ago and in college! But it was so much fun. I had forgotten how exhilarating it is to be on a bike and it's great to see a place that's familiar from a new vantage point and speed.

It felt amazing to take deep breaths of fresh, fresh air and feel the sunshine on my arms. To use my body to take me distances I hadn't attempted for so long. To laugh and connect with two fantastic friends. The experience was truly a blessing.

Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment