Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Sure Sign

I saw my first tulips of the year yesterday! I can't tell you how exciting this discovery was.

And I can't help but get a little philosophical about it. Yesterday afternoon I found myself downtown, a good twenty minutes early for an appointment. Instead of patiently waiting for my appointment, I decided to take a little walk. The sun was shining and the air was a bit chilly but it felt so wonderful to be outside and in the midst of things. And then I saw this beautiful row of tulips and was especially glad for my unexpected jaunt. 

I am learning to be more mindful of how I spend my minutes. I don't want to waste or just fill up my time. I want to find experiences and discoveries and joys in the rare minutes that aren't devoted to this or intended for that. I want to be happy and grateful for where I'm at and take time to notice the blessings that are there all around me. 

So when I saw those tulips yesterday, they were a lovely sign of spring. But they were much more than that, too. 

Photo by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment