Friday, April 24, 2009

Weathering the Storms

The weather today is absolutely gorgeous. Even though I complain at times about how the weather here can't be trusted, it's unexpected days like this that make the unpredictability so worth it. 

Speaking of unpredictable weather, we're supposed to get major storms this weekend. I can't wait! 

As long as no one gets hurt, I really dig the drama and excitement that storms bring. The skies get dark during the day, setting a moody, uncertain tone. There's a heavy stillness that all of a sudden erupts into rain, wind, thunder and lightning. And then things get really wild. 

This is the weather my husband and I were desperate for during our years living in a Mediterranean (a.k.a. gorgeous every single day) climate. 

I'm looking forward to curling up in front of a window this weekend and watching the weather put on a show. 

Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment