Thursday, April 16, 2009

To a T

A few weeks ago, I subscribed to the online letters actress Gwyneth Paltrow sends out weekly through her website Goop. Last week she discussed spring fashion, and amid a lovely white crochet dress and a chic trench was a striped shirt from St. James

You see, I love a good stripe, and this particularly shirt looked cozy, comfy, a bit roomy and absolutely effortless. You can't beat that. And the slightly oversize shape works because of the crispness and classic-ness of the stripes. A pair of dark skinny jeans (although I don't like ripped denim very  much) and ballet flats are the ideal finishing touches. 

I must have had this shirt in the back of my mind this past weekend, because as my husband and I took a short, impromptu shopping trip, I spotted a navy and white stripe sweater at a Banana Republic outlet shop. It was a tad loose and so, so, so soft and it made me very happy to buy. It's just the thing to ease me in to spring when the weather hasn't quite caught up to my cravings for warmth, travel and the outdoors. 

Photo from goop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment