Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Sad

I am so saddened to hear about the passing of Patrick Swayze. His cancer diagnosis and the rapid progression of the disease was heartbreaking. He had such talent and I always liked how strong of a connection he and his wife, a fellow dancer, shared.

Dirty Dancing is my all-time favorite movie. I saw it for the first time when I was seven or eight, and my sister and cousin watched it over and over every time we got together. Swayze's Johnny was just the ultimate hearthrob, and we never got tired of watching him. I think we all identified with Baby and hoped we'd fall for such a guy someday. It's a great love story, and great coming-of-age story and to this day, I adore the movie.

While I know there are many different reasons to mourn this loss, I'm heartened and thankful for what Swayze and his movie means to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment