Sunday, September 27, 2009

What a Weekend

This has been such a wonderful weekend. My husband and I took a little overnight getaway to a resort town. We played a round of golf, took a lake cruise and ate way too much. It was great!

He and I had never played golf together but it was really fun. He's very good and was very positive and patient about me being not so good. And it was interesting to experience the culture of a golf course -- all the traditions and codes of conduct.

Golf courses really are beautiful. I loved all the rolling hills and trees and variations of grasses. How whimsical it all seemed at times reminded me of books I read and places my imagination wandered when I was a child.

But even after a lovely two days away, we both said we were looking forward to coming home. I think that's the best of both worlds -- to love getting away but also love going home.

Photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment