Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

When I think of my parents, the first idea that comes to my mind is love. The two represent, embody and share with the world so many different types of love.

My mom and dad met when they were fifteen and sixteen, respectively. They've known one another nearly forty years and yet they’re still very much in love. They're on a "living life" mission and quite adventurous about trying new things.

My mom does nearly everything with my dad and our family in mind. She's absolutely the most loving, giving, selfless person I've ever known. She is unconditional love. Growing up under the presence of a person like that is one of the greatest gifts I'll ever be given.

My dad looks out for everyone, takes care of all his loved ones. He's the smartest person I've ever known and is so generous with everything he has. He can't help but be honest and real in every situation and he gives the best advice. I could not have survived without him as a teacher, coach and mentor.

I'm grateful my parents have each other and I'm blessed to have them both in my life.

Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment